USC | University of Southern California
With necessity comes innovation. Tailor-made solutions for future-focussed businesses.
Follow the Frog.
USC is the oldest private university in California, founded in 1880. With over 45,000 students and over 20,000 staff and spread across two large urban campuses near Downtown, Los Angeles, there are many challenges when it comes to transportation and the mobility of people.
Space to physically expand is at a premium so the USC Transportation team has to find smart solutions to ensure what parking they do have is utilised to its maximum.
USC has a large number of custom spaces which are reserved for VIPs, ADA spaces, transient pay-by-plate parking, etc. on the first floor of their structures that they didn’t want to be included in the overall space availability count. Having in-ground or overhead counters at the entrances wasn’t meeting their needs, because they captured all vehicles coming in, without regard to whether we wanted them included in the count or not.
The Frogparking difference? Our engineers listened. Our team visited the site to understand the pain points. We came up with a solution that suited the customer using our technology.
USC wanted an automated solution to display to drivers which levels of their parking structures had the most available parking to reduce the time to find an available parking space by reducing time visitors spent circulating searching the structure for an available bay.
- 120 individual bay sensors for reserved bays
- 12 Laser vehicle counters
- 19 Variable message signs
- High reliability and accuracy. Driving confidence in insights gained from data collected.
- Increased efficiency for motorists and terminal traffic flows.
- Improved occupancy management and turnover.
- Accurate and enriched data which will uniquely position USC’s Transportation team to exit the COVID-19 lockdown.