City of Hope
Parking App User Manual
This page will help you to setup and operate the City of Hope Employee Parking app (powered by Frogparking).
Current version: 0.3 | Release Date: 22nd August 2020
Check-in to spaces with your permit in this tab. Note that the lot and space name will be painted at the rear of the space. The fields have the following definitions:
- Space: The text painted in the bay
- License Plate: Enter the licence plate of your vehicle. Tapping this field will show a list of previously used plates.
- Permit: This is for information and reporting purposes only. This field cannot be edited
Once all information has been entered, select Apply Permit. You will receive a confirmation notification. If the permit cannot be applied, you will be provided with a reason. The most common reasons are:
- Your permit cannot be applied to this bay because it is outside your allocation. For example, you cannot apply your permit to space D120 if you have a permit for Lot L. Similarly, you cannot use this tab if you have not purchased a permit.
- The space does not exist. This is normally an error in entering the space identifier.
- Incomplete information. These errors occur if you have not filled out the space and your licence plate field. The error will inform you of where the missing data should be.
- A permit session already exists. You will be provided with a message for information purposes only. You may move your session to a new space as required.
Get the app.
The parking app is available on Android and iOS platforms.
To install the app:
- Go to the Google Play Store (Android) or the App Store (iOS).
- Search for ‘Parking at City of Hope’. The icon for this app is shown in Figure 1.
- Select install and go through the normal process for installing an app on your device.
The apps can also be found at by following these links on your device:
Employee account activation.
Eligible-employee accounts are created automatically, and new users receive a welcome email to the account registered with City of Hope. This email contains an activation code which is used to verify the user
Take the following steps to activate an employee account for the first time (process shown in Figure 2):
- Follow the link provided in the Welcome Email to access the web-based activation form.
- Enter the email address to which you received your Welcome email and the activation code it contained.
- Press Activate Account
- Create a new password to use going forward. Passwords must be at least 8 characters and cannot start or end with white space.
- Your account is active. You will be directed to the mobile app.
Public account signup
Public accounts allow users to see live parking availability, pay daily parking rates for paid parking and select from day pass permits (where available).
NOTE: Patient/visitor parking is free. Vendor and VIP parking may incur parking tariffs.
To create a public parking account, take the following steps:
- Open the app to the Login screen.
- Press Sign Up.
- Enter the following:
- a. An email address and password
- b. Read and agree to the Terms and conditions
- c. Press Next
- Enter a first and last name for the account.
- Press Sign Up.
- You will receive a verification email to your nominated email address.
- Click the link in the email to activate your account.
- Return to the app and log in with your email and password.
City of Hope have issued parking permits for use by employees and visitors. These permits allow parking in a set group of parking lots for a single, monthly price.
Take the following actions to start a permit subscription (see process in Figure 4):
- Log in to the app.
- Press the app menu button at the top of the page.
- Press Select Permit from the menu. You will see a list of permits available to you.
- Select a permit to see a description of parking rules under that permit (price, locations, cooldown and other rules)
- Confirm your selection.
- You may now use the permit for parking.
- Permit inventory is limited. You will receive an error if you try and purchase a permit that has no availability.
- Subscription charges are not being processed at this time stated prices are indicative only.
Payments will be accepted via credit card or payroll deduction.
- Each permit has a 30-day ‘Cooldown’ period before which no changes can be made to the selected permit. This is stated in the permit description.
Add Credit Card.
Eligible employees who select a paid permit are enrolled by default in a pretax payroll deduction subscription. Anyone ineligible for payroll deduction (contractors or vendors for example) or those who choose to may opt to pay their parking subscription by monthly credit card payment. To do this, take the following steps
- Log into the app.
- Press the sidebar menu icon.
- Select Add Credit Card.
- Review the subscription information on this page.
- Enter your details on the secure payment form and press Submit.
- You will receive a confirmation if the subscription is successful.
From here, your credit card will be charged monthly and any payroll deduction will be cancelled.
The Map tab provides the following functions:
- Parking availability: Shown on the map as colored zones (Green, orange, and red) to provide a quick indication of how many spaces are available in that area at this moment. Tap on a zone to see a description, exactly how many spaces are vacant.
- Map Legend: Display the key to the zone colors.
- Destination search: Search for parking lots at City of Hope.
This tab shows the current and past parking details:
- Current session indicator: Shows the time remaining on the currently applied permit. The app will send a notification a set time prior to the session expiring and when it expires.
- Previous session indicator: Shows the details of past permit applications including space, date, start and end time.
Select the App Menu button (three horizontal lines) at the top of the page for configuration and management options.
These controls have the following functions:
- Add a credit card: Used to pay for your permit subscription by monthly-charged credit payment. All major brands accepted. Note that eligible employees receive a pre-tax payroll deduction for permits, adding a credit card will override this deduction.
- Permit management: Used to manage your subscribed permit.
- Settings: Set app configuration options such as Find My Car and Location Service settings.
- Logout: Log out back to the activation screen. You will need to input your credentials again to access the app.
If you forget your password or feel that your account has been compromised, you can request a password reset. The following process will reset your password:
- Open the app to the login pagehttps://app.frogparking.com/Account/Login
- Enter the email address you use to access the app.
- Press the ‘forgot your password?’ link (Figure 11)
- Press Submit. You will be sent an email to confirm your identity.
- Find this email and click the link within to confirm you requested the reset.
- Enter your new password at the reset page.
Remember that passwords must be between 8 and 16 characters and must neither start nor end with white space.
Solution: Confirm that you have logged in with an eligible account. For City of Hope Staff, this will be your business email. You would have received a welcome email to this address.
Solution: If you wish to use Payroll Deductions and you are eligible to do so, you don’t need to take any further action. You’re good to go.
Solution: You must enter the space designator exactly as it is painted in the bay (e.g. T101). You must also park within the limits of your permit allocation (e.g. you cannot park in Lot L if you have a Lot B permit); check your permit description in the bottom half of the screen. A space designator and a licence plate is required to apply a permit.